How to Start a Chapter of NPYO
These requirements must be completed before you can hold your first meeting.
· First and foremost, the potential leader must submit to an FBI background check. The application may be obtained from the FBI website at a cost of $18.
· A fingerprint card is required to be submitted with the application. This can be done at your local police department. A charge may apply.
These expenses, unfortunately, are not refundable by National Pathfinder Youth Organization Inc.
You may be asked why you want the fingerprint card and why you want the background check the answer is: It is for the purpose of becoming a participant in a nonprofit organization that requires a background check.
It could take up to eight weeks to receive the background report depending on how many requests the FBI has received prior to receiving yours.
If you have any concerns over this background check, please contact Sonja Canterbury at 317-544-8886 or Matt Giddings at 440-285-3481 to discuss your concerns.
NOTE: Chapters can ONLY be organized in the USA due to insurance purposes.
If you would like more information on the matter, please feel free to contact us.
· Upon reception of the report, the Board of Directors reviews it.
· Upon approval, you will be contacted and assigned a mentor.
· You must be enrolled in the Pathfinder Phase I upon starting a Chapter. You have up to one year to complete Phase I. (Enrollment and completion of Phase I is verified.)
· You must be enrolled in a basic first aid course through a recognized organization. Upon completion of the course, you will provide NPYO with a copy of the certificate/card.
· Once enrolled in Phase I and a first aid course, a list of skills is provided that you need to complete and submit via video.
· Once all requirements are met and the Board of Directors approves, you will receive the Youth Curriculum.
The address to submit the application and fingerprint card is:
FBI CJIS Division - Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
You will designate, as the recipient of the report,
National Pathfinder Youth Organization Inc
C/O Sonja Canterbury
4402 Shelbyville Road
Indianapolis, IN 46237-1809
(You can request a second copy to be sent to you as well but it will cost an additional $18)
NPYO is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt organization as
described in Section 170 of the Code.
© Copyright 2014 National Pathfinder Youth Organization Inc. All Rights Reserved.